Southwest General Visitor Restrictions
To protect against the spread of COVID-19, visitors who show symptoms of
the flu will not be allowed to enter Southwest General facilities, per
CDC guidelines. The following visitor restrictions have been implemented
and are effective immediately.
For the safety of everyone, all patients and visitors to Southwest General
facilities are required to wear masks.
Only one (1) visitor per day will be allowed to see a patient on any general/medical floor.
- Any percon confirmed with COVID-19 or persons under investigation (PUI)
for COVID-19 will not be allowed to visit.
Visitors are allowed to see the following patients, with the stated restrictions:
Pediatric/Maternity patients: the
same one adult visitor for the duration of mom’s hospital stay, including
- Surgical patients: one visitor for day of surgery. Visitor will not be
permitted in the pre- and post-operative areas.
- Ambulatory health centers and physician offices: Only one (1) visitor is
permitted to accompany a patient in the facility. No visitors are permitted
in procedure areas. All visitors must remain in waiting areas and practice
**For special requirements, including end-of-life situations, please ask
to be connected to the Chief Nursing Officer or the Chief Medical Officer.**
Southwest General Medical Group - Behavioral Health:
- All patients, and anyone accompanying a patient, will be screened (including
temperature) as part of our COVID-19 screening process.
- All patients who are sneezing or coughing will be required to wear a mask.
- Please abide by social distancing, maintaining a distance of 6 feet or more.
- Only one (1) person is allowed to accompany a patient.
Oakview Behavioral Health Services - Inpatient Unit:
- Only one (1) visitor per day will be allowed to see a patient.
- For the safety and health of our patients, all visitors will be screened
(including temperature) as part of our COVID-19 screening process.
- Visitors at this time are being restricted to immediate family.
- Visitors are asked to practice social distancing by remaining in patient
rooms and not congregating in the great room or hallways.
Emergency Department (Main Campus and Brunswick Medical Center)
ONLY patients are allowed into the Emergency Department.
- All visitors must remain in the waiting area.
- Please let the nurse know if you have special circumstances.
- Any patient with flu-like symptoms should call their physician prior to
New Patient Discharge Location
- Patients being discharged from the hospital should now be picked up at
the Entrance to Building B on our Main Campus.
To learn more about the coronavirus and what you can do to help protect
yourself and your loved ones from the spread of infection, visit: