Why do I cough all of the time? Could it be a lung nodule?
- Have I been coughing a lot lately?
- Have I been coughing for a while now?
- Have I been exposed to asbestos?
- Am I, or have I been, a smoker?
- Does my family have a history of lung cancer?
If you've answered yes to any of the questions above and have been
diagnosed with a disease or have not had relief in symptoms, it could
be a lung nodule. It is very important to actively investigate a lung
nodule to identify the cause and start medical intervention quickly to
reduce or eliminate complications.
Through the Lung Nodule Center, you can:
- Expect a same-day appointment to meet with a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon
- Experience coordinated care for diagnostic testing by the physician and
a specially trained cardiothoracic nurse
- Be assured your primary care physician will receive timely reporting of
your care at the Center
- Have assistance in making follow-up appointments with specialists, if necessary
- Have assistance in scheduling surgery, if necessary.
A physician referral is NOT NECESSARY.
We are passionate about lung nodule detection and treatment! Since the
goal is to identify lung nodules as early in the disease process as possible
for more positive outcomes, improved quality of life and survival, do
not hesitate to contact us at
1-877-SWG-BEAT (794-2328) for an appointment.
Part of Southwest General's Heart & Vascular Institute, the Lung
Nodule Center is located within the Outpatient Specialty Center, in Suite
A-410, at the hospital's Main Campus.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call
The Lung Nodule Center is reimbursed by most insurance programs.