University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center at Southwest General is a community-based
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center, and is made possible through Southwest General’s partnering agreement
with University Hospitals.
The Center offers:
- An exceptional level of cancer care, including clinical trials and advanced
treatments not yet available elsewhere
- Highly skilled, board-certified physicians
- The most advanced technology for image-guided, intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- A multidisciplinary team of experts to meet the physical, emotional and
spiritual needs of each patient
- A wide range of support services for cancer patients and their families
- University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center is part of the Case Comprehensive
Cancer Center—one of only 40 facilities nationwide to have received
the National Cancer Institute’s Comprehensive Cancer Center designation,
which recognizes development and use of the most effective methods of
early detection, treatment and prevention of cancer.
Additionally, the Seidman Cancer Center at Southwest General is accredited
by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as a Community
Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program. This accreditation recognizes programs
providing high-quality cancer care and the full scope of services to diagnose,
treat, rehabilitate and support cancer patients and their families.
For more information on the Seidman Cancer Center at Southwest General,
click here or call Health Connection at
Phone calls are accepted Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The
office phone number for Medical Oncology is
440-816-6051 and for Radiation Oncology,
440-816-6048. If you need to speak with a physician after hours, call our office number
and leave a message with the answering service. The doctor will return
your call as soon as possible.
If you have an emergency, please go the closest Emergency Room or call 911!
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 9 - 4:30 p.m. Call the
office to schedule an appointment. If you need to cancel or re-schedule
an appointment, we request 24-hour notice so that we can use the time
to accommodate other patients.
Prescriptions and Refills
Prescription renewal requests may be made by either the patient or the
pharmacist. Please fax renewal requests to Medical Oncology at
440-816-6065 and Radiation Oncology at
440-816-6010. We request at least one-day’s notice for prescription refills so
that we can be sure to accommodate the needs of our patients.
The following information will be needed for the prescription request/refill:
- Name of medication
- Strength of medication
- How often medication is to be taken
- Quantity needed (30 day or 90 day)
- Pharmacy phone number
- Pharmacy fax number (if you are requesting that the Rx be faxed into pharmacy)
- Phone number where the patient can be reached, in case we need to contact
the patient that day
- Test Results
- Once your physician has received and reviewed your test results, we will
contact you by phone with the results or share them with you at your next
appointment. If you have questions about your test results, please contact
our office. The doctor will answer your questions via telephone.