FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | July 2, 2020
Interactive Media & Public Relations Specialist
SOUTHWEST GENERAL: UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
Middleburg Heights, OH (Thursday,
July 2, 2020) – Southwest General Health Center has eased visitor restrictions,
now allowing one visitor per patient, per day on the general medical/surgical
floors as well as the hospital’s Oakview Behavioral Health Services
location. This new policy is effective immediately. All visitors will
continue to be screened upon entry.
One visitor per day will be allowed to see patients on any general medical/surgical floor
- Once a visitor has entered a patient room, they must remain in the patient’s
room throughout the entire duration of the visit. Once a visitor leaves
the room, he or she must depart the facility directly—they will
not be permitted any further visits on that date.
- NO visitors will be allowed to see patients confirmed with COVID-19 or
persons under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19
- Only one visitor is permitted to accompany a patient in the facility
- No visitors are permitted in procedure areas. All visitors must remain
in waiting areas and practice social distancing.
- Face masks are required for all visitors and employees
Emergency and Surgery Services
- Only patients will be allowed in treatment/procedure areas. Support visitors
must remain in the waiting areas.
- One (1) adult visitor is allowed for the duration of mom’s hospital
stay, including overnight
Behavioral Health Services
- Only one visitor will be allowed per day
For special requirements, including end-of-life situations, please ask
to be connected to the Chief Nursing Officer or Chief Medical Officer.
About Southwest General
Southwest General is a private, not-for-profit, 350-bed acute care facility
located in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Founded in 1920, Southwest General
is home to nationally recognized physicians with full access to state-of-the-art
technology. Southwest General has a deep commitment to providing personalized
care and building a healthy future for the patients, families and communities
it serves. For more information, visit swgeneral.com or find Southwest
General on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.